In the article “8 Ways Leaders Can Motivate Employees Beyond Money”, the author affirms that non-financial motivators may be more effective in the long term than financial incentives.
Based on a McKinsey survey, the author then provides the following 8 principles, which can be very useful when money is in short supply or when a financial incentive is not available:
- Energize your team
- There’s more to life than work
- Put your people first
- Act with integrity
- Be a great communicator
- Be a great listener
- Be a problem solver
- Lead through experience and competence, not through title or position
According to her, clearly defining and communicating your value are essential to being paid well for your excellence. At first you should define the value that your clients get from working with you and you should communicate it.
These are the two elements to realizing our full earning potential.
Motivation is the secret to transform Tech-Resistant Learners into eLearning enthusiasts. In this article Christopher Pappas, founder of the largest online community of professionals involved in the eLearning Industry, share 7 tips on how to work with learners who are less-than enthusiastic about interactive eLearning, mobile-friendly online courses, and other tech-centric eLearning resources.
- Be clear about expectations and goals
- Offer a demo
- Encourage group collaboration
- Stress the benefit up front
- Showa proven track record
- Ask for their feedback
- Introduce the eLearning strategy slowly and steadily
For more articles on eLearning: http://elearningindustry.com/
A leading interpreter of Mahler and Beethoven, Benjamin Zander is known for his charisma and his brillant pre-concert talks.
In this TED he tries to help us all realize our untapped love for classical music and by extension, our untopped love for new possibilities, new experiences, new connections.
Skmamun, blogger of ‘Time To Us‘, provides us some advices about success.
Here are the top ten keys to success:
1. Optimism. Think positive.
2. Faith. Believe in yourself, God and your country.
3. Planning. Know what’s important each day; set your priorities accordingly.
4.Determination. Have the courage to stand alone when taking the big risks in life.
5. Vision. Think big, dream big, keep success in your mind.
6. Attitude. If you think you can’t, you’re right. Winners have positive attitudes.
7.Goals. Set goals. Plan how to achieve them.
8. Perseverance. Try and try again until the goal is achieved. Never give up.
9. Knowledge. Learn to accept your mistakes, but make them only once.
10. Enthusiasm. Choose work you like. Enjoy the challenges.
Read other advices at: http://goo.gl/OIoTQ