Talent helps individuals and teams to reach their goals, but is it enough? What about a team where people act for their own purposes, without any common motivation? In one of his articles, Adam Fridman explains how to motivate a team in order to maximize the results it can achieve. In particular, here are seven tips to bring a good team to the next level.
- Respect everyone. Every member of the team is important, and great leaders make sure that everyone is appreciated for his contribution to the common results.
- Offer incentives. Rewards put value and energize progress, not only for individuals but for the whole team.
- Stay plugged in. Good managers stay current with their teams, even if they leave enough freedom and trust to stimulate creativity.
- Lead, don’t boss. People tend to follow a good example more than they obey to an order.
- Make work have value. Working hard is not enough, you must be sure the activity of any member is functional to the goals you give to the team.
- Be genuine. Leaders, as every team member, know who they are and remain leaders in every moment.
- Make goals clear and achievable. Team must know what it must produce, and must be confident it can achieve these results.
Read more here.
Image source : Scott Maxwell – Flickr (CC BY 2.0)