In this article published by The Telegraph, Rebecca Burn-Callander gathers nine tips for negotiation.
Negotiation in an art, hard to learn and even harder to master. It is something we need in our everyday life, in our jobs as much as in our private life.
Here nine useful advices to be a good negotiator:
- Don’t talk too much
- If that fails, try talking too much
- Force a “no” out of your opponent
- Know your stuff
- Try to use open-ended questions
- Fix an end for negotiations to end
- Fake empathy
- Don’t try to lie your way into a deal
- Volunteer for the Samaritans
You can learn more about each advice by reading the full article.
Image source: NPS website – U.S. President George H.W. Bush and Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev sign the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty in 1991