In one of his articles, Dan Shawbel explains which are the most common mistakes to avoid on your workplace. As is well known, even the brightest rising stars can find themselves falling more rapidly than they could imagine, and all because of some mistakes which could be easily avoided. Here you can find the most common ones:
1. Being too political;
2. Multi-tasking too much;
3. Complaining about work;
4. Making promises you can’t keep;
5. Pretending you’re in charge when you’re not;
6. Focusing all your attention on your job;
7. Not being opportunistic;
8. Not learning from your mistakes.
You can read the full article here.
Image source: Flickr.com – Judy Baxter
Movies can be an important source of inspiration and motivation.
– “The social network” which shows the importance of flexibility and resilience
– “Citizen Kane” by Orson Welles which stresses what is really important in life
– “The pursuit of happiness” which highlights that passion and sacrifice are parts of success
– “Jerry Maguire” which pushes us to believe in our dreams and follow them.
Image source: Pixabay by OpenClips