In this article, she gives us a list of nine ways to keep our personal power:
1. Don’t waste energy complaining;
2. Accept responsibility for how you feel;
3. Establish healthy boundaries;
4. Practice forgiveness;
5. Know your values;
6. Don’t waste time on unproductive thoughts;
7. Avoid language that implies you’re a victim;
8. Make your self-worth independent of other’s opinions;
9. Be willing to stand out from the crowd.
Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
Image source: wikicommons