Asking active questions it is very important in our daily life. Simple, active questions can change our behaviour because they reveal where we are succeeding and where we need further improvement. And in doing so, they rivet our attention on what we can actually change. In his book, Triggers: Sparking Positive Change and Making It Last, Marshall Goldsmith outlines six active questions that fully engage us in life and work.
The Daily Questions are immensely useful for three reasons because they help us identify what we really want, not what we think we want and they motivate us in areas where we need it.
There are six daily questions in total.
- Did I do my best to set clear goals today?
2. Did I do my best to make progress toward my goals today?
- Did I do my best to find meaning today?
- Did I Do my best to be happy today?
- Did I do my best to build positive relationships today?
- Did I do my best to be fully engaged today?
By asking The Daily Questions, we remind ourselves that if we want we can control our lives.
Read here the full article
Image Source: Flickr – Noelia (CC – BY – NC – ND 2.0)